Monday, November 17, 2008

Scattergories

We used to play Scattergories ALL the time when I was a kid. I loved that massive dice and the fact that although it was stiff competition between me and my brother and sister, all 3 of us were better than any of our friends.
The rules got bent and elaborated upon, and we had to make it a little more antipodean, but it's just one of those simple addictive games.



I got this chain email with a Scattergories theme, and since I don't actually pass those kinds of emails on much, I thought I might post it on my blog.

.............

Use the first letter of your first name to answer each of the following. They have to be real places, names, things - nothing made up. Try to use different answers, if the person in front of you had the same first initial - which by the way is hard if you already have read their answers! You cannot use your own name for the boy/girl names.
1. What is your name? Lucy
2. A 4 letter word: Look! (also the name of my favourite book in Prep)
3. A Vehicle: Lexus
4. A city: Lismore
5. A boy's name: Lucius
6. A girl's name: Louise
7. Beverage: Lager
8. An occupation: Labratory rat
9. Something you wear: Lingerie
10. A celebrity: L.L Cool J
11. A food: Lychee
12. Something found in a bathroom: Loofah
13. Something you shout: LEFT!
14. Reason for being late: lateness in general
15. An animal: Lorikeet
16. A body part: Liver
17. Word/s to describe yourself: LOL-worthy

4 comments:

Joe said...

1. What is your name? Joseph
2. A 4 letter word: Just
3. A Vehicle: Jeep
4. A city: Johannesburg
5. A boy's name: James
6. A girl's name: Josephine
7. Beverage: Jello-shots
8. An occupation: Jackaroo
9. Something you wear: Jumpsuit
10. A celebrity: Joaquin (Leaf) Phoenix
11. A food: Jalfrezi
12. Something found in a bathroom: Janitor
13. Something you shout: Just joshing!
14. Reason for being late: Jedi mind-trick
15. An animal: Jackal
16. A body part: Jugular
17. Word/s to describe yourself: Jolly?

David J said...

Hi Lucy,
I've tagged you for a 'meme', please check my blog.

...Oh by the way. What does meme mean? Is it like Me Me? Like an overstatement of the Ego? That would kind of fit on account of all the personal stuff they ask for... Or does it mean something else?

Joe said...

Hey David. From what I understand, a "meme" is the cultural equivalent of a "gene", that is, an element of a culture or a way of behaving that spreads from one individual to another, usually by imitation.

It's use in blog posts like this is a reference to the way it spreads from one blogger to another, eventually entering popular usage.

An non-internet equivalent of a meme would be "high-fiving", for example. Although that particular gesture has long been considered an ordinary component of social interaction, it's genesis and growth would have been "memetic" (compare "genetic") in nature.

Having now fully exposed my inner-nerd, I will retreat to my lair, where I will partake in science-fiction and imaginary video games.

David J said...

Thanks Joe...
More than I'd expected! And I thought it was just another generation Y non word that is valueless outside of mobile telephone sms...

Cheers,

David