Sunday, August 09, 2009

Quickie ramble

Hey there y'all!

Just checking in, saying hi, chewing the cud...

Life is good, but oh so busy. My garden prospered and is now wilting a little. I am waking up at night thinking about work, which is disturbing so early in the term.

Last week I went for a hike in Kakadu. It was brilliant! I spent the walk back in pain from blisters and a bruised knee, and I thought I would never take another step. But you know what? Turns out it's a bit like childbirth. One week later I've forgotten all about that pain and I'm aching to get back out there.

I had a good haul from the oppy today (Nightcliff Timor op shop). I got two vintage plastic plates with a wicker and flowers type print, one Tupperware pepper shaker, one tiny enamel mug for Bes (she likes to have cups of tea whenever I do), a tennis ball and a HOLLY HOBBIE tile. I collect Holly Hobbie paraphernalia. It's ever so cute, and gives me hope that one day I'll have a house where I can nail a shelf into the wall especially to display it all.

In other, more exciting news, Joe's website is NEARLY finished. It's looking mega-awesome and I will blog again when he says it's time to advertise the link. Oooh I'm itching to tell you now though!

I've been collecting jars to make beetroot relish. It's going to be rad. And if you're very lucky (and clumsy) it will make your white clothes a delightful pink colour.

I've also been to Alice Springs and back since I last posted, but that's a story for another day (when I've got the photos organised).

I went to the Darwin Show a couple of weeks ago, and managed to get SO MANY free bags, that I think I got back my entry fare in the saving I'll make on not needing to buy green bags ever again. I suspect that last sentence only made sense to me.

In news in which I have photos to illustrate:


We planted six banana trees at The Mulch Pit Gardening Club Super Group yesterday. Here are Bes and Rahkel and Jana keeping an eye on some well-watered holes (soon to be filled with trees).



I got a new app on my phone called Camera Bag. It is probably the best app I've ever downloaded (tough call, I do have Doodle Jump). It gets mediocre photos I've taken, and adds filters to make them trés cool. Here is one in which I look hot, even though I'm just about to go to sleep and am wearing an oversized green Tshirt:




Filter: Cinema

And here is one of Nightcliff beach one morning. I really like the way this seems drenched in colour (sorry I don't know any proper photography terms).


Filter: Lolo



See you soon,



Love Lucy.

2 comments:

JLN said...

Here's me doing the comment thing! I love the effect on the beach shot. I hate my legs in the gardening shot.
Post more!

Sophie said...

Hey Lovely!

You didn't leave a contact email address in your entry to my blog give away - can you contact me on sophiehillartist@hotmail.com - pretty please!

xx